Henley and Goring Group have an active social programme with a range of events and activities. We often combine a social event or activity with a walk. To give you a flavour here are some of the things we’ve done this year or are planning to do in 2017.
- Summer evening walks followed by a pub supper
- Bluebell walks with cream teas
- Summer BBQ and walk
- Oxfordshire Area summer picnic and walk
- Organic farm walk guided by farm manager
- Boat trip and walk to Mapledurham Mill and House
- Last of the summer wine and supper after walk at Stoke Row
- London walk with tour of Covent Garden and Soho
- Historical and Archaeological walk round Silchester
- Chantry House lecture and social evening
- Candlemas walk with afternoon tea at Fingest
- AGM with photo presentation, supper and social evening
- Carol service, walk and lunch
- Walk leaders and helpers’ meeting and supper
- Christmas week walks with mulled wine, mince pies and Christmas cake
- Historic walk round Dorchester
- Farm walk and guided tour to celebrate Open farm Sunday
- Exploring Kew
Lunch break on the May Day Bluebell Walk. The cream tea awaited us at Rotherfield Peppard Memorial hsll at the end of the walk.
Art and Culture group
This is open to all members. You join by asking that your e-mail address be added to the group list. You can then tell members about interesting cultural events and invite them to join you. This can be an organised trip or an informal small group of people who want to see the same event in the company of others. We’ve been to films, concerts, operas, ballets, art exhibitions and lots of other events. We’re always open to new ideas.
To join, contact: Joan Clark 01491 574968